Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I see what the problem is on Takeshi's jacket.

See the picture below -- the RED lines look to have been matched size-wise. But that is the mistake! The RED lines should NOT match. The two BLUE lines should be matched in length -- specifically, the longer length of the flap should be the same length as the right pocket-to-edge (just before zipper). That shorter blue line should be longer.

View attachment 435878

I see... that's maybe why the tailor hasn't been aware of this because is wrong understanding at the beginning?

Since mine has shipped I'll check it out on my Frankensteined body I did for my Indy but I'll definitely be willing to send it back to the tailor to have it fixed up. I think if anything the jacket should fit well on whatever body your using so let's hope that the tailor can give it a small overhaul to those who have it and to those who have yet to get it.

As an addendum to my post above, here is another photoshop of takeshi's picture.

Here, I took the same length as the storm flap (long blue line) and copied it over to the right edge of jacket, then cut and moved the pocket over where it should be.

If you copy this picture and the one I made above and click back-and-forth between them you really see the difference.

The adjustment looks more correct, yes?

Move pocket to match length  7-29-21.jpg

Again, this has been addressed a number of times with the tailor and I have posted my visual aid a number of times here as well. But here it is yet again.

my pocket distances for post 5-16-21.jpg

The instructions are correct.

maybe pause the shipping?

As mentioned prior...

I'd like to see the jacket I will be receiving on a fully dressed Solo body before it gets shipped and I have to send it back.

(it's one thing to have it tailored for a specific body, it's something again to not be able to use it on a similar body- again my Iris jacket is ok on eithe Banner or Solo bodies)

As an addendum to my post above, here is another photoshop of takeshi's picture.

Here, I took the same length as the storm flap (long blue line) and copied it over to the right edge of jacket, then cut and moved the pocket over where it should be.

If you copy this picture and the one I made above and click back-and-forth between them you really see the difference.

View attachment 435879

Again, this has been addressed a number of times with the tailor and I have posted my visual aid a number of times here as well. But here it is yet again.

View attachment 435880

Both images have the pockets in the same position which is why it looks off.
I have to say, that's quite a wide gap on the movie jacket. The Kato Jacket got this detail pretty accurate. Any idea why it went so narrow on the final version?

View attachment 435847
I think this is how the position of the pocket should be because we have to remember that when it zips up the weather flap has to have room to close properly. The way the pocket on the jacket is now the weather flap would be covering half the pocket which would look bad. If someone can check if the jacket can zip up take a photo please. I will try this myself just to be sure also if it doesn't try to close it like if it was zipped up still.

Both images have the pockets in the same position which is why it looks off.

You're not suppose to be looking at the pockets -- you're supposed to be looking at the instructions. The instructions are there because the pockets are off.

The stormflap is not flush with the zipper on the real jacket -- meaning the shorter length of the left side pocket (distance from pocket to stitch line) should match the portion left uncovered on the right pocket side. As I said previously, the shorter distance on the left will match what is showing on the right when the jacket is zipped. You have to imagine the stormflap riding the center line between the two pockets when closed so it looks symmetrical. BUT this is on the real jacket, I doubt this 1/6th version has the correct zipper scale to create that illusion.

Noted on the feedbacks, I already make sure the tailor check the QC on the 2nd and 3rd batch.
Like I said if anyone have a complaint with the product, please message me personally and we will find a solution for this.
Hopefully we can keep the conversation here civil, and no need to overblown something.
I know it's an expensive jacket, so I will try my best to accommodate any issue.
Here's some picture from tailor, on the production piece with ANH body..

227532215_572629713745676_723104769630720648_n.jpg

I also asked him to make sure the leather more flexible and soft.. so I will also address the thickness issue.
I think the leather is perfect, just maybe people on the first batch have much stiffer jacket, which I already told the tailor.

Again please message me if you have any issues.

View attachment 435879

View attachment 435880

Thanks Gregg, I'll make sure the tailor pay more attention on this while QC the products.

Again guys, if you want to get perfect jacket.. are you willing to give tailor more time to address all the issues?
It's an easy fix, for the pocket measurement..

Noted on the feedbacks, I already make sure the tailor check the QC on the 2nd and 3rd batch.

Excellent. I think its best to double-check some things now that we are seeing live samples. Particularly the pocket placement.

If the tailor can provide more pictures of the jacket on the ANH Solo body I think everyone here would appreciate it for peace of mind.

are you willing to give tailor more time to address all the issues?

I would, absolutely.

Excellent. I think its best to double-check some things now that we are seeing live samples. Particularly the pocket placement.

If the tailor can provide more pictures of the jacket on the ANH Solo body I think everyone here would appreciate it for peace of mind.

I would, absolutely.
I will ask for more pictures, but we can't see it clearly without the shirt and pants.. but in terms of measurement we don't change anything compared to the proto.
I didn't send back my shirt and pants from Kato set to him, so probably guys that received 1st batch can also help put it on the ANH body for us to see the full get up with the jacket on.

Thanks Gregg, I'll make sure the tailor pay more attention on this while QC the products.

Again guys, if you want to get perfect jacket.. are you willing to give tailor more time to address all the issues?
I can wait, even it requires another 3 months or longer. Believe me bud, all I want is to assist you guys to make sure the jacket is perfect and accurate. :)

Because I don’t want to spend two more years for another jacket project. :ROFLMAO:

Like I said if anyone have a complaint with the product, please message me personally and we will find a solution for this.
Hopefully we can keep the conversation here civil, and no need to overblown something.
I know it's an expensive jacket, so I will try my best to accommodate any issue.
Here's some picture from tailor, on the production piece with ANH body..

View attachment 435882

I also asked him to make sure the leather more flexible and soft.. so I will also address the thickness issue.
I think the leather is perfect, just maybe people on the first batch have much stiffer jacket, which I already told the tailor.

Again please message me if you have any issues.
If it's okay, Can we ask him the picture taken from front too? Want to see it more accurately.

Of course, I am willing to give the tailor more time, I have mentioned my point at the very first begining already.
So I send you back mine's one ? I message you personally

I will ask for more pictures, but we can't see it clearly without the shirt and pants.. but in terms of measurement we don't change anything compared to the proto.
I didn't send back my shirt and pants from Kato set to him, so probably guys that received 1st batch can also help put it on the ANH body for us to see the full get up with the jacket on.

The length looks fine. There's a question of puffiness/oversized but that could be the body. You're right, we need people to try this on the body it was tailored for. Only then will we know.

And most definitely, we can never have enough pictures.

Of course, I am willing to give the tailor more time, I have mentioned my point at the very first begining already.
So I send you back mine's one ? I message you personally
Can you pm me on your jacket details.. maybe we can send back your jacket to get it fixed.
Pm me the details.

I'm cool with sending it back and getting it fixed I know there are some people who can't wait but I'm not one of them. Lol as long as we get updates every here and there then the wait isn't a big deal.

I'm cool with sending it back and getting it fixed I know there are some people who can't wait but I'm not one of them. Lol as long as we get updates every here and there then the wait isn't a big deal.
I will update everything, but again I also need to give the tailor room to breath.. I can't keep pushing himm..
It's also human to wait and give him the process he needed.
But I will always update any progress, currently no changes on the shipping schedule for batch 2 and 3, so if the product pass QC.. he will still send out the jacket.

At this point, the only QC issue to fix is the pocket placement, is that correct? Meaning, moving the right side pocket a little further away from the edge of the jacket.

There is debate about how the jacket will look on ANH Solo body, but until someone posts a picture, we have no way of knowing how it truly looks.

Should we hold all shipping until we can confirm the jacket works correctly on the ANH body? Someone in the first batch has to have the HT ANH or Solo Solo body.

He will take more picture on the body couple more times.
And regarding the shipping, we will hold until the QC is passed.. including pocket placement and jacket stiffness.

Back