Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we've all forgotten or lost sight of the fact that this particular jacket is 6MM on either side, or 12mm total wider than the Iris jacket.

Yeah, if you pose it this way or that way, you can make it look acceptable, but is that what we're aiming for here?

acceptable? or is this the ultimate most accurate Indiana Jones jacket?

I'm confused as to the goal here now.:unsure:

Well we don't know what measurements the jacket chest is supposed to be -- only how it compares to someone else's jacket.

Those measurements that Rmsceb took should be passed to the tailor to see if they match his measurements on the proto in the same way. If they don't, that is another area to QC.

People need to take some time to futz too. I've got Kato's stuff and Iris's set, etc, and none of it looked right when I just popped it on. It takes work to get the shirt to sit right, to keep the pants from tweaking in the wrong places. I've never seen a piece a clothing that didn't benefit from some good hard futzing.

Plus, the better the futzing, the more apparent the areas where problems lie will become.

Last edited:
I think we've all forgotten or lost sight of the fact that this particular jacket is 6MM on either side, or 12mm total wider than the Iris jacket.

Yeah, if you pose it this way or that way, you can make it look acceptable, but is that what we're aiming for here?

If there's fixes to be made then I'm all for it. But if I was shipped a jacket that looks like Robs or Indiana Fetts I'd be more than happy based on what I've seen of those particular jackets so far. Looking forward to seeing what the others look like as well as updates from the tailor and @jagzz

Well we don't know what measurements the jacket chest is supposed to be -- only how it compares to someone else's jacket.

Those measurements that Rmsceb took should be passed to the tailor to see if they match his measurements on the proto in the same way. If they don't, that is another area to QC.

We don't know what it is supposed to be, true, but what we do know is that particular jacket, the Iris jacket, I don't remember anyone complaining about the size of it, it's not a bad base to compare with. (the Iris shirt, yes, but not the jacket going from memory)

to your other point, that's a very valid point was this jacket just made too big or was it made to the proto type and they will all be this size? Is Rmsceb the exception or the rule?

judging by the fact Mstradford's imho looks too big also (glad he's happy with it however) and Indiana Fett is using his on a ToD body to put everything back into scale, my gut feeling is that they are all too big.

Only time will tell as more start showing up

6MM in 1:1 scale is like 3.6CM, it’s like from XL to XXL. A full bigger size definitely oversized. o_O

In regards to comparing other jackets...

This is a very rough comparison, but I just wanted to remind people about the Raiders jacket when comparing to Kato's. You can see how much lower the pockets are on the real jacket -- they are more riding his hips then they are around his rib cage (as on Kato's).

jacket COMP jagzz v kato beastmstr comp redlined 8-2-21.jpg

Let's not be so quick to say other jackets are better...

I wasn't aware that Kato's pockets were so in the wrong position til this post, interesting. They are too high off the bottom of the jacket, a jacket that could be a bit longer also as I don't own a Kato jacket

Your point of his pockets being on or just above the hips lends further weight to my point the Iris jacket is a reasonably accurate source to go by

Attachments

• IMG_5199 (2).jpg
    IMG_5199 (2).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Iris is probably the best jacket so far. This one is supposed to be better. I think it will be.
I suggest that we should just simply use Iris’ jacket as the standard to adjust the overall size of the jacket, and extend some of the parts for 2 to 3mm such as lower its bottom (make it longer than Iris’ jacket but shorter than ours).

if you look at the comparison between the 2 jackets on page 69, I think the Iris jacket is a good length. It's a small amount shorter than the arm length, not much, just a little. That seems to be the right comparison between length of jacket to sleeve level.

Initially I thought what we'd be getting was basically the Iris jacket reproduced but in a nice soft leather rather what Iris used and I would be totally ok with that if that was the result.

The point is moot really though if the tailor doesn't have an Iris jacket on hand for reference but ultimately that's how I'd like this jacket to turn out.

In regards to comparing other jackets...

This is a very rough comparison, but I just wanted to remind people about the Raiders jacket when comparing to Kato's. You can see how much lower the pockets are on the real jacket -- they are more riding his hips then they are around his rib cage (as on Kato's).

View attachment 436045

Let's not be so quick to say other jackets are better...
The image of the actual jacket is being pulled down lower as you can see the collar isn't exactly at the start of his neck like the Kato jacket so it appears to be longer. Cameras are super tricky and tend to obscure how something looks plus ford is wearing it in the most comfortable way possible and not like if it was a nice pristine suit or new jacket. They did say Indy's jacket was lived in, almost like he would have used it as a pillow even and always wore it. Also the kato jacket is KOTC not Raiders so the comparison doesn't really work when they are slightly different in terms of the pockets and such.

Last edited:
Iris is probably the best jacket so far. This one is supposed to be better. I think it will be.
I suggest that we should just simply use Iris’ jacket as the standard to adjust the overall size of the jacket, and extend some of the parts for 2 to 3mm such as lower its bottom (make it longer than Iris’ jacket but shorter than ours).

Although we’ve tried our best and thought we had found the right measurements number from 1:1 to 1:6 scale but I realized that the figure body and the materials of this jacket can’t be that accurate in 1:6 scale, the body might somewhat thinner than Harrison Ford’s real body just because the leather is definitely thicker than the real one the 1:1 which might cause huge difference on the final result when we finally put everything together on Indy.

Which is why I think we should consider taking the middle number for the measurements, not exactly the old one from Kato, Yunsil or Iris (a bit too small and tight) but also not the measurements that we thought are the most accurate now (a bit too big and lose).

I think it's nice that've we've tried to do all the measuring and scaling etc but sometimes that won't translate accurately due to material thickness and seam allowances on 1:1 as opposed to 1:6.

Ultimately all that really matters in the end is does it look right? Fit and placement. At the moment neither of these boxes are ticked unless you put it on a larger body than intended.

Looking forward to seeing the others arrive and looking forward to seeing updated, corrected pictures from the tailor.

I hope he's going to provide new pictures on a fully dressed SOLO body rather than just making corrections and sending them out again? :unsure:

Are you guys suggesting actually reworking this entire jacket now to match Iris?

I mean, if we're going to completely redo runs now -- if that's a thing -- then I've got a couple outfits and head sculpts I'd love to get tweaked and resized as well. I think that's asking way too much.

Don't you three guys already have the Iris jacket? I mean, I know Luis does, it was his run.

Are you guys suggesting actually reworking this entire jacket now to match Iris?

I mean, if we're going to completely redo runs now -- i that's a thing -- then I've got a couple outfits and head sculpts I'd love to get tweaked and resized as well. I think that's asking way too much.

Don't you three guys already have the Iris jacket? I mean, I know Luis does, it was his run.

Not suggesting that at all.

I'm simply saying that this new jacket should fit in the same fashion as the Iris jacket. The reason for this is I feel like we're being talked into accepting a jacket that's clearly oversized. Maybe if you water treat it, maybe if you futz it, maybe if you put it on a ToD body, maybe it can be positioned alright....

just no.....

Last edited:
But this isn't the Iris jacket. The Iris jacket is too short. This was all talked about at the beginning of this run.

Both you and Chi-te Hsin bought into this run from people who dropped out so maybe you missed a lot of the beginning stages. If you read through the entire thread before buying in you would see the discussion that this is not a re-run of the Iris jacket. This jacket was to be fuller, longer and more accurate. It was supposed to be the Raiders jacket.

I know some guys here like the shorter jacket look -- because I believe they are looking at other people's figures and NOT at the movie -- but this is the Raiders look and in Raiders Indy didn't wear a short Tom Cruise racing jacket or a bomber style jacket.

Can you get other jackets to look nice, yes. With work. So we need people to work a little on this one. Only then will we know what its capable of.

It seems like some people are ready to be dissatisfied before they even get it.

Last edited:

I mean, if we're going to completely redo runs now -- if that's a thing -- then I've got a couple outfits and head sculpts I'd love to get tweaked and resized as well. I think that's asking way too much.

Funny enough I sold my Iris set a long time ago to Cap'n Cook. Lol especially the infamous jacket with the nickel zipper. 😭

But this isn't the Iris jacket. The Iris jacket is too short. This was all talked about at the beginning of this run.

Both you and Chi-te Hsin bought into this run from people who dropped out so maybe you missed a lot of the beginning stages. If you read through the entire thread before buying in you would see the discussion that this is not a re-run of the Iris jacket. This jacket was to be fuller, longer and more accurate. It was supposed to be the Raiders jacket.

I know some guys here like the shorter jacket look -- because I believe they are looking at other people's figures and NOT at the movie -- but this is the Raiders look and in Raiders Indy didn't wear a short Tom Cruise racing jacket or a bomber style jacket.

I find this both insulting and condescending tbh.

I'm surprised you haven't seen me around in the Iris thread, the Yunsil thread and now this thread.

The lengths of the jacket has been discussed ad nauseum.

I'm quite aware of jacket lengths. If my memory serves me correct there was a LOT of discussion regarding length in the Iris thread and trying to find a picture of Indy standing straight upright, not leaning was difficult, but much was discussed to get the correct length for the Iris jacket.

I'm not even sure why you're arguing the point about the fit, you don't seem to think the fit is right, maybe it's just because...internet??

Can you get other jackets to look nice, yes. With work. So we need people to work a little on this one. Only then will we know what its capable of.

It seems like some people are ready to be dissatisfied before they even get it.
I watched the film multiple times to me it's short and not as long as this imho. But that also has to do with Indy being always on the move and never stood completely still. That's why the rest of the 3 other films tried to redo the jackets similar to Raiders with minor changes like the missing button creases and the straps had D rings instead of buckles etc. I think camera angles and the frames of the scenes made it appear longer. But regardless of all that lets agree as of now the jacket isn't where it should be in terms of fit regardless of length. All it needs is to get fixed fit wise and sleeve wise and it should be good to go.

Back