"The Dude" Sweater/T shirt and PJ set & Entropy shoes set *taking payments*

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "The Dude" Sweater/T shirt and PJ set & Entropy shoes set *taking payments*

Moe - would be nice to have pockets in the pants, can't really tell if that's in the current design though. If not, would it be possible to add the feature into the production version? Would really make the Dude more dude-like to be able to do so.

:dunno:dunno

:yess::yess::yess::hi5:

Guys I'm going to try my best to save some of you so we can get the final 24

Ill give you guys another week few days if you send me half and half

This will keep the production flowing!

Nothing more I can do to help you guys out...

This was a tuff run which was close to being stopped!

The number has to reach 24 and we are at 17

So I ask for little favor and hit me up if your on the none paying list! Do me that least respect!

Thanks guys

Remember the first 24 get belly pad free
Production begins Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweeeeeeeet!

So this may not happen unless we reach 24?

UOTE=Moe;5582199]:yess::yess::yess::hi5:

So I ask for little favor and hit me up if your on the none paying list! Do me that least respect!

Thanks guys

Production begins Monday![/QUOTE]

So this may not happen unless we reach 24?

UOTE=Moe;5582199]:yess::yess::yess::hi5:

Thanks guys

Production begins Monday!
[/QUOTE]

No it's happening bro no worries for those that bailed maybe able to get it for $450 later :wave

No it's happening bro no worries for those that bailed maybe able to get it for $450 later :wave

What a d**k comment. Is this because I just pm'd you to let you know I was out? I wasn't going to post anything here, but after that smart *** comment, I have to. (Note: I sent Moe a straight forward pm telling him I was out. No complaints, no bickering. I even wrote "Thanks").

Here:
1.- Nobody's bailing out on you since you're still going to keep the deposit.

2.- The reason I changed my mind is that I will not accept that price, especially after I just received the Butcher coat and the quality of your Tailor is not even near Rainman's tailor or Kato, yet you are charging just like them (Good luck with you guys thinking you're getting Rainman quality stuff ). Pictures can be deceiving.

3.- If I'm not paying your $360 for the Dude stuff right now, what makes you think I will pay $450 later? :lol

Yeah, I've been on the fence all along since price was announced, and still am. Haven't sent a PM because I haven't fully decided, and a PM saying as much would be pointless. But considering the list/deposits were made blind regarding price and product I don't think anyone who didn't ultimately pay should be criticized in any way. Not sure you can "bail" when you get forced into something without full information. If you had offered a refund of the $15 for folks deciding against it when you released full info., then I think that comment would be a bit more palatable.

When you were saying it was Rainman type prices early on, I figured that included Entropy's stuff, since that's what the Rainman price included. Like Comm said earlier, your price is what it is, but I think people having reservations about it at this point is completely understandable. Having 17 or 18 seems like a success to my eyes. If you've gotta jack up the price for the remainder in order to offset losses in your expected profit later, then that's your prerogative and I wish you luck with it. Personally I'm still most interested in the robe set (pending price and product of course), which is part of why I'm not as enthusiastically on board with this set. Would still love to have it, but. . .that's a lot of scratch, particularly when you consider the accessories, body, head, and paint job for the head all being additional costs (essentially a $700 figure folks have to bash together themselves).

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazov80
Sounds like a good reason for having a waitlist. . .

Rainman's prices for clothing/accessory sets are usually in the $350 range. But he's got a brand and reputation for the highest quality that precedes him, and goes into the equation when a buyer considers buying. He recently sold a basic black suit with shoes, a gun, and a watch for the same price.
Well like I said... Not taking anything away from Raiman, he's amazing artist! But I want it to be as accurate to the movie as possible!

I would say about that price is Right! But not going to confirm yet!
This is because I have people involved in helping with printing designs for pants and Sweater!

If the sweater was solid, pants solid no print! It would have been really cheaper then with the print design... This is why when people contact me for printed clothing, I turn it down most of the time.

My clothing a are usually solid with exception of the Deadwood Al suit!

But stay tuned! At least you guys got ball park so if there is anyone who drops, let me know so others can get in!
Thanks

Seems to me that Moe was only ever talking about his gear and the work being done and it's higher costs. Entropy was handling his own gear in side discussions.

The discussion above was on page 20..ish, we all had fair warning of where this would be price pitched and enough time to pull out or not pay the deposit (which was asked for several pages later than this post).

All Moe has asked for is some communication to let him know where he stood. He's been asking for 2 weeks now. If you are out, there really is no point in bashing the man, he's obviously frustrated at what is going on and on the information quoted above has reason.

Seems to me that Moe was only ever talking about his gear and the work being done and it's higher costs. Entropy was handling his own gear in side discussions.

The discussion above was on page 20..ish, we all had fair warning of where this would be price pitched and enough time to pull out or not pay the deposit (which was asked for several pages later than this post).

All Moe has asked for is some communication to let him know where he stood. He's been asking for 2 weeks now. If you are out, there really is no point in bashing the man, he's obviously frustrated at what is going on and on the information quoted above has reason.

You can call it frustration or whatever you like, but since you've said before that this is his business, that's no way of treating your customers. Telling them that they are bailing out when they in fact paid him a non-refundable deposit and then "threatening" to charge more later on if they change their minds, is no way to treat your customers and a very poor way to run a business.
If you want to call it bashing, that's fine. But since I put a non refundable deposit, I have every right to speak my mind after his unnecessary comment.

Laney: You're no saint, buddy. Weren't you bashing Marf's sale of his Animated Batman the other day? And right there you had no reason to stick your nose in.

EDIT: Anyway... I'm done with this thread (unless there's some personal uncalled crap). Good Luck everyone. I sincerely hope with all of this, Moe's tailor ups his game and you guys get your money's worth.

Last edited:

Commtech you paid that after being given a rough idea on price. If you were so against the price, you should never have paid the $15.

Commtech you paid that after being given a rough idea on price. If you were so against the price, you should never have paid the $15.

Nope. There was never given a rough idea. Show me where it says that this set was going to be $300-400

Read quotes above

Also, I never bashed Marf, I was surprised to see him selling, have no issues with that though. I wondered if he had another better one in the works, like when he sold Neo. That move worked out pretty well for a lot of us. I wasn't aware my comment had been taken that way.

Last edited:

Well I'm not bashing Moe, simply taking issue with him saying who are on the list but haven't paid bailed, and making the insinuation that we owe him more than we've given in the NRD. There are open spots, so it isn't like folks are banging down the door to get on at this point. I never asked him to extend the deadline, either. I fully expected it to pass the initial point with those of us who haven't paid being removed. But if you want to go into the specifics, here is the post I was basing expectations on:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5404284&postcount=200

I very clearly suggested that Rainman's price, which is near what Moe ultimately charged, included the accessories, and Moe said that was about right. On post 374 (3/26) he says deposits have to be made or names removed. On April 4 he puts down the reasonably firm estimate of around $350 and confirms that it wouldn't include Entropy's parts.

I'm not judging Moe's methods or prices, but I surely don't think criticism toward those who haven't paid is warranted considering how the deposit system worked and the process by which information was released.

Read quotes above

About the quotes: I know. I read them. I have to go back to what karamazov quoted: This was what Raiman sold it for WITH accessories (see quote below). Nobody thought he would charge more than that without them and with his tailor's quality. Another member mentioned he was also expecting a $250 dollar price. And where was this $350 estimate in the first page? Not everyone reads all of the posts every day.

Since you were asking about the Rainman stuff earlier, here is what he actually released. His material looks like your number 2 option. It was $320, and included the sunglasses, shot glass, chest piece, fat suit, and shoes in addition to the sweater, pants, and shirt:

euu3DBP.jpg

Either way, the point is: I paid a non-refundable deposit and I have no problem if he keeps it since I won't go ahead and order the set. The problem is Moe is calling it bailing out on him. Do customers get crap comments from Sideshow when they cancel their orders? Do companies say: well, if you cancel now, later you will have to pay more, because we will jack up the price?

Also, I never bashed Marf, I was surprised to see him selling, have no issues with that though. I wondered if he had another better one in the works, like when he sold Neo. That move worked out pretty well for a lot of us. I wasn't aware my comment had been taken that way.

I have a hard time believing that was an innocent comment and I'm not the only one. But, whatever.

Last edited:

What a d**k comment. Is this because I just pm'd you to let you know I was out? I wasn't going to post anything here, but after that smart *** comment, I have to. (Note: I sent Moe a straight forward pm telling him I was out. No complaints, no bickering. I even wrote "Thanks").

Here:
1.- Nobody's bailing out on you since you're still going to keep the deposit.

2.- The reason I changed my mind is that I will not accept that price, especially after I just received the Butcher coat and the quality of your Tailor is not even near Rainman's tailor or Kato, yet you are charging just like them (Good luck with you guys thinking you're getting Rainman quality stuff ). Pictures can be deceiving.

3.- If I'm not paying your $360 for the Dude stuff right now, what makes you think I will pay $450 later? :lol

Dude you need to chill, it's not about bailing out! Many bailed before you! I think I was nice enough to post help in getting it for those who had problem paying,... I don't need this really! It's bull!

I told you thank you for letting me know! What's your deal man???

I'm not even going to get into anything here'

This is a complete joke! I try to help and this is thanks I get! But you are stabbing at me for this run from get go! Yeah you Commtech! Listen don't buy from me dude! I forced no one!

And I did give a quote many post back! I also apologized for the none quote on the set, offered free stuff and still *****ing!

Guys who are in thank you... I never had a problem for those who could not do it! And you waited till last minute to bail anyway! Sort of a **** move I think! Everyone else told me sooner! SO don't say I made a **** move man... I said the guys that bailed will still be able to get it but single piece off run is more because one print is expensive according to my tailor... Nothing wrong by what I said.
And I think this set is right up their with RMs that's what I think! Not taking anything away from RM! I went extra mile in researching correct color of pants also.

I know no matter what, most of you loyal fans to higher ups will never give me credit! It's all good!

Now back to make the guys who fully believe happy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude you need to chill, it's not about bailing out! Many bailed before you! I think I was nice enough to post help in getting it for those who had problem paying,... I don't need this really! It's bull!

I told you thank you for letting me know! What's your deal man???

I'm not even going to get into anything here'

This is a complete joke! I try to help and this is thanks I get! But you are stabbing at me for this run from get go! Yeah you Commtech! Listen don't buy from me dude! I forced no one!

And I did give a quote many post back! I also apologized for the none quote on the set, offered free stuff and still *****ing!

Guys who are in thank you... I never had a problem for those who could not do it! And you waited till last minute to bail anyway! Sort of a **** move I think! Everyone else told me sooner! SO don't say I made a **** move man... I said the guys that bailed will still be able to get it but single piece off run is more because one print is expensive according to my tailor... Nothing wrong by what I said.

No point arguing with you. Your posts don't make sense and lack logic. You said you gave a quote and then apologized for not giving it? Did people bail out on you or not bail out? Make up your mind. Sometimes I think you just play dumb to get away with your words. And then you want to make everyone feel like you're doing us a favor when in fact you are getting paid for your work. And well paid.

Like I said. I have no problem on you keeping the deposit. That was the deal. But why that stupid post? And no, I wasn't waiting until the last minute to "bail out" on you. Plus, didn't you just give yet another extension. I would've waited even more or said nothing at all during that extension if my plan was to hurt your business. I sent you a peaceful pm to confirm I was out and that was it. But you had to go ahead and post that crap right away.

And I think I've said before I'm not buying your stuff anymore. So don't worry. (You do owe me pants and vest for the Butcher. Product or refund (preferably) are welcome)

Back