The Recluse Billionaire (TDKR) SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, sorry to hear the result didn't turn out as we wished, but can i just have that glossy one? I don't want to complain or blame anyone, i know you've tried to make this perfect, please understand how I feel: since i paid back in Dec 2012, it's been 1 and 1/2 yr now; I don't think I want to wait another few months to complete this transaction. Although the glossy one is not perfect and not exactly what I wanted, at least we can call it complete. hope you understand.

Hey all - State of the Cane address...

Short - Still working on casts that are up to my standards and are a good product.

Also - I will be offering a $15 discount on a future purchase with me for anyone who bought this set.

The long:

So I received a test cast from my caster for the batch mold. The product was true black and the gloss finish was perfect. The problem however is that the cut line on the cane causes a seam and an overlap (where the seam meets is not flush causing one side to sit lower than the other.)

This is horrible on a black high-gloss item.

View attachment 111187

So the plan is to print a set of heads and feet for the canes and cast them in two parts. The foot on the rod and that will prevent the cut line then the head and just glue them together.

Also - I have talked a lot about the botched set of canes that were first done last year. Here are pics showing how those turned out.

Here is a pile of them:

Next to the straight rods used in the proto you can see how warped they are.

View attachment 111192View attachment 111191View attachment 111190

Bad cut lines and pour points.

View attachment 111188View attachment 111189

Has this taken longer than it should - I have always agreed to that - but I hope you can see I want this to look right and not look like a piece of crap.

Dean
CC

Realistically probably August. VisionProto is back up and running again after about a month hiatus for moving half across the country. Three sets are being printed this weekend and heading strait to the caster. Looks like this is finally coming to a close. Momentum feels good.

Mine is finally painted by a friend we went for a younger look. Hope you like it!
794072952a726760cf1aaa187871640d.jpg
d48889bbe428e8a74040e2ba50fe8b2b.jpg
7767fcbcb2074eee00c1ce02c84c675d.jpg

I like the skin tone, though I think you need a finer brush 20/0 for eyes and little details..

I am ready to take a refund if the cane still can't be delivered. It's been dragging for too long.

First few rounds failed. But - they are in production this week. I was texted a photo of a clean cast yesterday.

There will be no seam on these canes which is what the problem has been from day one...

All orders should ship in Feb. I will post the finished canes as soon as I have them in-hand.

cane.jpg

Back