[PHINE1] - Overlook Caretaker - Accessory Package - SHIPPING MARCH

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [PHINE1] - Overlook Caretaker - Accessory Package

Now this is how new talent when given a chance can actually "blow people's mind"
You my man are a hidden gem!!! Love the way it's taking shape and the speed at which it's taking shape!

Base meshes sorted. on to Zbrush for certain detailing(i.e jack logo on glass, tennis ball tape). suggestions and critiques always welcomed, as well as film references. Off to the printer for tests monday. :)
View attachment 161133
View attachment 161134
View attachment 161135

hit me up in pm :)

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

Maya... Final models will be taken to zbrush via obj and detailed where needed. I bought licenses for all these programs outright - and a Mac Pro more than powerful enough to run them - for my schooling and after so everything is legit. Been a while since then, and this avenue strikes so many different interests for me - so I'm all in.

I should also add that anywhere there is metal i will try to make with metal parts (i.e key, key ring, typewriter slider, etc) - but the doorknob for sure will be printed and bronze chromed.

Wow, the mixed media idea sounds killer, and the renders look insane!! It's easy to see that you have your heart in making this :yess:

also, put some real JD in that 1/6 bottle, let's go fULL GRAND PACKAGE FOR THIS!

also, put some real JD in that 1/6 bottle, let's go fULL GRAND PACKAGE FOR THIS!
Lol! Just you wait :D was planning on it, or something similar - but real fluid is the plan ;)

Lol! Just you wait :D was planning on it, or something similar - but real fluid is the plan ;)

I really look forward to how this all pans out! Love the mock ups so far.

^^^ if we achieve even 50 pct of what things are looking like - we have hit a home run! (Phine1 but pls don't get complacent with my comment)
You my friend soon may have to quit your day job!!!

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Thanks for the support Leon, hoping to make this THE Jack accessory kit to have. Going for the grand slam here... time and patience.

Box design teaser..... won't be printed, it will be real wood and wallpaper. Numbers will be added as well. just conceptualizing.
Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 5.51.34 PM copy.jpg

so how much is this gonna be with that packaging? Like 200 dollars? :lol

so how much is this gonna be with that packaging? Like 200 dollars? :lol

If people want this typewriter the set is going to run above $100 easy just for the painted items. The typewriter alone is 16 pieces not including keys, and i have to paint and hand assemble each one - This is to be treated as a numbered run and all will include #'d COA. I would hope this is treated as artwork and not a generic run of crappy parts - I have already put in well over 40 hours work just planning and modelling - and this set has only been a go for 10 days. For people who ordered the FS - or any set for that matter - and saved the regular $200 since there are no accessories, this is the set for them. Sorry if it was expected that it would be less than $50 or something, that is simply just not happening. Maybe if it was just the smaller items. maybe...

Last edited:

^^^ just thinking aloud - I don't want to complicate your offering but is there a possibility of a redrum box (as an option) so people could chose 237 and or redrum (don't know if people would be interested but for some of us wanting a redrum backdrop may not need another one in that case! )

I had another idea- I know and this may not even be possible - but if it dose not bump the cost much can it be redrum on one side and door knob on other! That way it nails down all aspects (but if it does bump cost a lot you may have some drop outs)

Just some thoughts

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

^^^ just thinking aloud - I don't want to complicate your offering but is there a possibility of a redrum box (as an option) so people could chose 237 and or redrum (don't know if people would be interested but for some of us wanting a redrum backdrop may not need another one in that case! )

I had another idea- I know and this may not even be possible - but if it dose not bump the cost much can it be redrum on one side and door knob on other! That way it nails down all aspects (but if it does bump cost a lot you may have some drop outs)

Just some thoughts

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I decided to go with room 237 door since another freak is taking on redrum dio door himself (from what ive heard).
Also, as i plan on making the room key fit in the handle - it wouldn't make sense in the redrum door.

if people want to voice their opinion on the subject by all means..... but it will in fact be a lot more work to make detailed redrum chopped up door. This room 237 packaging would be much easier and affordable to achieve - barely changing price of the set. I want to keep pricing as reasonable as possible as it is literally just me making and assembling however many sets. hence why i went with it. the redrum door may be a bit much.

depending on print outcome and assembly time, The set may be all the items included with OPTION for typewriter as DX accessory. This would keep set cost down for the most part and give the option for the typewriter to those who want it. Bottom line, i want it as accurate as possible which takes time, and lots of it.

Last edited:

Sooooo, Phine.... has anyone ever told you that you're pretty good at this?
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about what you said in regards to pricing. Sure, people aren't hoping to break the bank, but I highly doubt that anyone thought this full kit with typewriter would be under $100.

Real liquid in the bottle would be nuts and the packaging looks amazing! :clap

Back